perjantai 10. huhtikuuta 2015

The sunny side of the street

I am working on a 10-pack of small kraft cards, trying to do two similar ones at each take. This way I'll have the whole box done with five entries to the Country View April challenge (kraft). This time I created a pair of cityscapes and I'm also posting for the Paperilla card challenge (urban nature) and the Craft Barn weekly challenge (houses).


I stamped the rows of houses from the Craft Individuals Memory Lane set across my card with Versafine Onyx Black and embossed with clear embossing powder. I like the way the image can be continued so that it goes all the way. The stamp set has a city row and a country row, I used both on each card but changing the order (if I had planned better, I should have maybe done a city row card and a country row card... perhaps next time!). And since I took the trouble to take photos all the way, here they are!






The plain row was a bit dull and needed colour: I chose to add green inspired by the Paperilla mood board. I dug my stash for some more CI stamps, trees with small birds, masked my rows of houses and stamped with Archival Fern Green (and a touch of black on the birds). On the first card everything went fine, on this second one I had managed to nudge the card/mask combination and filled in the blanks with Distress Ink (Peeled Paint) and a waterbrush. I feel the greens really brought the scene to life!

The previous card pair can be found here

6 kommenttia:

  1. This is just gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at Country View .xxx

    VastaaPoista
  2. Wow Kristiina, just lovely, must have taken you ages to do all that cutting out around the houses! thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    VastaaPoista
  3. Two fabulous cards and I love the colours you chose.

    VastaaPoista