keskiviikko 29. huhtikuuta 2015

A way to run away

The Stampinback April challenge has encouraged me to use the word "art" in multiple projects this month... this is obviously the last one, since April is soon through. I googled for sentiments with "art is" and one of the first ones was "art is the only way to run away without leaving home". It looked like a stamp, but I wasn't able to find out if it was, besides it felt a bit exaggerating: I claim people escape their daily lives with alcohol, drugs, computer games, internet, fb... Art and craft is of course much healthier than any of these. Besides the Stampinback challenge I am posting for the SimonSaysStamp challenges Monday (Anything goes) and Wednesday (CAS, the white page actually can be seen on this spread!)


The background of this spread is from using my art journal as "underpaper" ages ago for some inking, spraying and cleaning sprayed stencils... and now I arrived to this spread in my journal, and got to wonder what to do with it. The golden brown is Colour Bloom Tea Stain, the starlike flowers are from Stampinback and the swinging girl + sentiment stamp from VivaLasVegaStamps. There are some Tim Holtz stencils in the background and the branch is from Designs by Ryn (I really like that one, even though managed to make a bit of a mess with it here.

What I started with

Some gesso added with bubble wrap

If there was a delete funktion in craft, I might scroll back to this...
or perhaps I should learn to stop?

I sprayed too close to my stencil, so the ink bled underneath :(
The branch looked so heavy I added copper Sharpie to the text and stamping
and covered the branch with crackle paste.


1 kommentti:

  1. Love your beautiful pages. Beautiful colors and layering. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    VastaaPoista