perjantai 3. huhtikuuta 2015

Snowfall

Not that I really want to have much to do with winter anymore, but I was just in time to post a (third) calendar for the Craft Barn calendar challenge in March, and now I need to make the missing January and February pages. The original linkup is of course already gone, but I've used the prompts (aqua and snowflakes) anyway. I'm posting this page for the Chocolate Baroque colour challenge (blue, violet, greens) and the SimonSaysStamp Monday challenge (pastel colours)


My image is the Chocolate Baroque Christmas angel that has now turned into an angel-fairy creating snowfall with her horn. She has been stamped a couple of times, coloured and fussy cut so I could create a bit of a 3D effect with foam adhesive. I wanted to have snowflakes falling from the creases of her dress. The base is from an 8x8 DCVW pad (Cafe Mediterranean). I only have one snowflake punch, so I decided to use some flower punches too to get a variety of sizes. They have been punched from CB pearlescent card. The larger flowers have too punched flowers layered on each other. The upper one has been cut a bit first so the petals could be lifted and the pearls have been adhered with Stickles glitter glue in eucalyptus.


The sentiment has been stamped with Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder. I had already spread gesso through a TCW doily stencil, which resulted in the end of the sentiment "disapearing" in the background, so I had to add some colour around it. I found that promarkers dont stick to embossing powder and not very well on gesso either, but I can live with this. They also seeped through the card, so they can't be used when the backside of the page is the calendar of the previous month. Lucky I tried this on the January page, because I didn't take that into consideration.


My February page is well under way... or at least enough for me to have chosen what cardstock to use so I could draw the calendar grid for January on the backside of it. Here is a view of what this will look like. I'll have to get quite large jump rings, because these pages will add up to make a really thick calendar. I tinted my first snowflakes, but preferred white on my layout. Wondering how to embellish the grid I realized this is where thy fit perfectly well. Nothing to waste! I have added the Finnish name-days on the calendar grid, because most people here have a habit of checking who can be congratulated this week...


The other pages that are done will be linked here as soon as I get them posted:

February (red + hearts)
April (blue + umbrella)

2 kommenttia:

  1. Beautiful project Kristiina. The Angel looks exquisite in these colors. Love the addition of the punched out embellishment. Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge.
    Flo x

    VastaaPoista
  2. Gorgeous project! Love the angel! The snowflakes are really pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    VastaaPoista