maanantai 27. huhtikuuta 2015

Going CAS

My box of 10 kraft cards is done! This last pair of cards is actually what I originally planned for the first pair, wanting to enjoy the beauty of crackle paste and some simple background stamping in black. I am posting these cards for the Country View April challenge (kraft) and the SimonSaysStamp challenges Wednesday (CAS) and Monday (Anything goes).


I especially like this one with the TCW cornflower stencil and a text background.


The branch stencil was more difficult to handle than the cornflower: some paste seeped under the stencil smudging the image. I guess the different orientations of the openings in the stencil have something to do with it. I decided to colour the smudges with a Distress Marker (Brushed Corduroy), the other option would have been to layer a sentiment over it. I guess I can live with it -everything doesn't have to be perfect :)


Since I have two children whose teachers will change after this school year I think a box of cards might end up as a gift at the end of this school year. The other cards in this set can be found under the following links: 1+2, 3+4, 5+6, 7+8.

3 kommenttia:

  1. Gorgeous designs! Love the muted tones and use of dies! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Clean and Simple Challenge!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Gorgeous cards Kristina, I love the Kraft cardstock with fabulous stamping and stunning flower and branches!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    VastaaPoista
  3. What a lovely gift! I'm certain the teachers will love them. The stamping is very pretty with the paste. Thank you for sharing with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    VastaaPoista