sunnuntai 30. huhtikuuta 2017


I'm making confirmation invitations for my son, and decided to play with a steampunk CAS look... besides, I just got the Finnabair rust pastes, and I had to try them out :) I'm joining in Sandee and Amelie's steampunk challenge and the Country View challenge (rust). Here are the links, since I'm posting on my tablet, and can't embed them.

And here's the card in all it's simplicity: just a rectangular piece of cardstock from which I first diecut a cross (the die is from Paper Smoochies) and then covered with brown and red rust paste. Once it was approximately dry, I put it under weight for the night to straighten it out. It has been adhered with foam dots. Love the way it turned out! And I can see myself using these pastes for all sorts of stuff...

lauantai 8. huhtikuuta 2017

Blue and Ochre

I am playing with the "Blue and Yellow Ochre" challenge at Paperartsy, but also with the moodboard challenge at Our Mixed Media Moods. The moodboard has a mustard theme that fit well with the Yellow Ochre, and I was especially inspired by the photo with lines of stones. I have had something like this in mind for about a month (since I got the background done...) and I'm glad this is done at last!

I want to link this straight away, so here is the link to the Paperartsy challenge: 
And the "Our Mixed Media Moods" linkup:
I'm posting this on my tablet, so I can't make a neater link :)

The background is a square piece of junk wood that has been covered with book paper and painted with a rylic paints. I sprinkled pigment powders into the pain while it was still wet and spritzed some water. I had planned to use it for a previous project, but just didn't want to cover so much of it, because it turned out quite magical, so I set it aside for the right moment...

I decided to combine the background with a gelli print that I had stored away. The print has yellowish and white acrylic paints, and Infusions (The Sage and Golden Sands) have been sprinkled in the paint before drawing the print. I cut out some wonky circles and smudged the edges with acrylic paint. (Actually I used more Quinacridoe Nickel Azo Gold than the Indian Yellow) I considered inks, but I only have Distress Inks in suitable colours, and being water soluble, they wouldn't have worked with the gel medium I used to adhere the pieces.

While I had the gel medium out, I decided I wanted some glitter too... so I took fake gold leaf and added little bits here and there. I finished the piece with some metal wire and a frase sticker from Tim Holtz. Here are some more closeups :)