I started by spraying with Color Bloom Tea Dye through a Tim Holtz stencil. I always have trouble with those stencils being so narrow, I had to do the left and right side separately and they turned out a bit unsymmetrical.
I have been waiting for a chance to post for the Stampinback challenge, and that meant the word "art" must be featured on the project. I held the a-r-t pegstamps next to each other and stamped all around the card base with Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy.
I finished of the cover with crackle paste (Finnabair) through the TH ray stencil. As you can see, the ink from the first generation stamping with the letters seeps through, which leads to the text still being visible.
Butterflies are of course animals, but the instinct part is actually inside the card. I love this sentiment (from VivaLasVegaStamps) and like to use it for birthdays. The girl was lost in the bottom layers of the same drawer where the card bases were. She is a leftover from this project from last Christmas: a personalized version of the VLVS girl in princess costume, details in that post. I added some butterfly wings to suit the sentiment. After I had adhered her I realized that she is visible between the wings from the front of the card, but everything is in soft gold tones, so I can live with it.