lauantai 4. huhtikuuta 2015

April showers

I'm ready to admit that the Craft Barn April prompts (blue and umbrellas) took me by surprise! Not that I didn't know what I wanted to do with them though. I don't have many umbrella options in my stash, and this gave me the chance to use one of my favourite stamps. Besides the Craft Barn calendar challenge I am posting for the Rubberdance colour challenge (blue, purple, pink + texture).


The sentiment and the "Rain under umbrella girl" stamp are from VivaLasVegaStamps. I guess the Banksy images have been designed to be used with plain black ink as in the original graffitis, but I've mainly used watercolour stamping, and the results are a positive surprise every time! I spread Distress inks on the stamp (I have mostly mini pads, so colouring small areas is ok), spritzed with water, stamped on nice thick paper (Canson Imagine) and dried with a heat gun. The puddles have been made with a water droplet background stamp. I bought it from De Stempelwinkel this winter, and I'm not very satisfied with the detail in it, I have seen better ones. Anyhow, since I spritzed it with water, detail had no importance this time. I fussy cut around the droplets to make puddles and added Glossy Accents for some texture.


This will be a flip calendar, so the grid for the April calendar will be behind the May page and I can't do it before I've chosen the cardstock for the May page (=after I know the May prompts). Behind this sheet is the March calendar grid, and I am one bit wiser after having to build yellow flowers to embellish it: I have saved some of my puddle fragments and hope to find them when I draw the April calendar grid.

Update: found the pieces, and here's the finished page:


The other pages for this scrapbook -style calendar are linked here.


13 kommenttia:

  1. Fab page, love the girl with the umbrella. Great idea with the DIs :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. Lovely image and that sentiment is brilliant just right for April.x

    VastaaPoista
  3. Beautiful watercolour stamping!! I love that look. Very cool combination of the umbrella girl and sentiment, perfect match! The puddles with glossy accent are awesome!! Thank you so much for entering our April challenge! ♥

    VastaaPoista
  4. Love this image and your puddles look fab. Great idea to use water colouring for the umbrella theme!

    VastaaPoista
  5. Lovely page and great sentiment! xx

    VastaaPoista
  6. I'm not surprised that is a favourite stamp, I love it too!

    VastaaPoista
  7. Gorgeous stamp and absolutely perfect for this challenge. I love the watercolour stamping x

    VastaaPoista
  8. This is great! I love all the different elements - the shape, the drops, the image and the quote all work so well together.

    VastaaPoista
  9. Love the stamp and yes I will jump in puddles.

    VastaaPoista
  10. Completely wonderful! Loving those water drops. Very clever! :-D

    VastaaPoista
  11. Loving those puddles! Perfect page for April showers! Thank you for playing along with us over at Rubber Dance this month x

    VastaaPoista
  12. great background paper, love the glossy accents on your droplets.

    VastaaPoista
  13. Haha love the words!! Beautiful entry. Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    VastaaPoista