torstai 23. huhtikuuta 2015

A Misty Morning

My last take on the Craft Barn April calendar challenge is a piece of mixed media. I am also posting for the SimonSaysStamp Monday challenge (Due Date). The Craft Barn April prompt words are Blue and Umbrella, and my personal choice is to use this old book paper on the whole calendar.


I started by making a collage from scraps of underpaper with stamped images (experiments from previous projects). The green stamps are from Chocolate Baroque and the black ones from VivaLasVegaStamps. I was surprised how a thin layer of gesso and ink sprays were able to bind the background into a scene! It almost felt a pity to add the umbrella and blue flowers, at least I had some trouble making them feel like a part of the image, not just something I had to place there...



Blue anemones are just starting to bloom here, so they were my choice for the "blue" even though the shrubbery in my scene looks more like the places where white anemones grow. I added sewing for texture, I think the "hanging" raindrops are quite fun.


The previous pages for this calendar can be found here:
January
February
March

4 kommenttia:

  1. Beautiful! Such a lovely combination of colors. Your stamped calendar page is a delight! Thank you for sharing your project with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
    Michelle
    www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    VastaaPoista
  2. Your background is gorgeous, the hanging raindrops are perfectly inspired and the bookpaper is all wonderful :D :D

    VastaaPoista
  3. Fantastic idea for the collaged background xx

    VastaaPoista
  4. There is so much in here Kristiina, a lovely page!!
    Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    VastaaPoista