keskiviikko 22. heinäkuuta 2015

Woyww #320 -moving around

It's Wednesday again, and that means it's time to hop around crafty desks around the world. Check out Julia's blog to have everything explained and hop forward to other places. Here is my desk... and it's a different desk from what I've been working on the past year!


On top of my art journal,is a torn envelope... I just received a sheet of Ryn stamps, and the mail has managed to crunch it between some moving parts, and one of the images on the sheet is destroyed. A real pain... all I can do is return the whole sheet and buy a new one. The socks are still under way, but not too much left, the plants will hopefully start looking better, if I remember to give them water every now and then now, that I look at them every day. The pink princess is my daughters make. I just finished a spread in my altered book, and I'll be posting that after getting this written. The old mac is waiting for me to store the photos from inside of it, after that I'll move it elsewhere... as for what happened to get me here:

Last Thursday my husband drove to a nearby town for a day of with the girls... and I stayed at home with the boys (we have two of both). I decided this was the moment I had been waiting for and moved my craft space into the bedroom and the tv+ other stuff into the living room. We worked all day! Luckily a 12 year old is surprisingly strong, and both boys were eager to put together my ikea drawer unit and I was able to dig the old dining taple from the garage where it was half way under a pile of wood. DH would never have allowed all this if he had been at home, we would have had to plan and arrange things for at least a week or two... or perhaps until next year! So here are some pictures taken standing in the doorway between the living room and bedroom.

View into the living room:

BEFORE 
(my crafty storage and mess= what I've usually been showing here)

AFTER 
(his neat "office", the tv and comic boxes happen to be out of sight)


View into the bedroom:

BEFORE
(his "office", tv, piles of VHS and DVD, boxes of comics, my clothes on the floor...)

AFTER 
(my crafty mess and storage... still clothes on the floor)

I can see I need to do a bit of ironing! I'm going to buy one more of those white towers from Ikea, there's space for it on the far right. I hope to get rid of all my little cardboard boxes and piles, hopefully before schools begin... There's only one major problem left after these arrangements: the dark brown work desk is now in a broader spot in the hallway in front of some book shelves, I've got to find a place for it somewhere :)

11 kommenttia:

  1. The juggle for space is a constant thing isn't it! I think you've done a great job,and I love that the only way to convince your husband was to actually do it! The drawer units look like columns in your bedroom! I totally wish you luck in getting rid of the little boxes and storage things.....the smaller these things are, the harder they are to sort!

    VastaaPoista
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your stamp getting ruined in the post . It's bad enough waiting for new goodies to arrive. Thanks for sharing your crafty space. Happy WOYWW!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Great new room, and love the Ikea storage. Love the Alex drawers, so roomy.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #11 xxx

    VastaaPoista
  4. I think you had a wonderful idea to get it all done while you had the boys! It looks great. My crafty corner is in the bedroom, and I really like it there. Thanks for the visit. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #38

    VastaaPoista
  5. Thanks for sharing. Busy week!
    Catherine x (42)

    VastaaPoista
  6. Great work! Your new space looks great.

    Have a great week and Happy WOYWW!
    Evelyn/Evalila #53

    VastaaPoista
  7. what a great idea to get hubby out of the way with the girls whilst you and the boys did this, and it all looks great - enjoy crafting in your new location. Helen 2

    VastaaPoista
  8. Now that just proves that boys can be a useful addition to any family!
    Bad news about the stamps you must have been very disappointed.
    However I am sure you will be able to get them replaced. Not all companies are so good at packaging their stamps to make them postal proof Lol!
    Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x28

    VastaaPoista
  9. Love putting boys to work and you have created a great craft area for yourself with a view. Well done. Books are definitely my downfall.... but what a way to go. Have a lovely week.
    sandra de #32

    VastaaPoista
  10. Hi Kristiina, you've done a fantastic job re arranging two rooms and those Ikea units look like just the thing I need. Hope you get to have some fab crafting time over the break. Cheers RobynO#9 and thanks for visiting my desk

    VastaaPoista
  11. Having a good old sort out and reorganise is almost as much fun as crafting, don't you think.

    VastaaPoista