sunnuntai 12. heinäkuuta 2015

Vili Eemil

I made a card for a new born baby a month ago... Yesterday his name was announced, and we were invited to the party, to welcome our children's little cousin. I needed something to go with our gift, and because I'd already sent a card, I decided to make this tag. I'm posting for the Stampinback challenge (inspiration photo with vintage car) and the Craft Barn challenge (playing cards).


I chose a piece of underpaper that happened to have green and blue and blobs of purple. There was some vague stamping marks with gears and dragonflies that drew my attention to the theme, even though they are not visible anymore. I glued the paper on a tag and stamped the playing cards (VivaLasVegaStamps) in a couple of corners, masked and stamped the car and some timepieces from Paperartsy. I added some white paint on the car and wrote the sentiment with my typewriter. I ran into this quote a week ago on someones wall, and thought it was most suitable for a little boy born to a family where everyone owns several cars and most work with cars... I found that I had used most of my green dragonfly brads, so I took two blue ones and coloured them with a green Sharpie. I really love how this turned out. 

The little redhead's name became Vili Eemil and he was surprisingly calm with so many people around, everyone wanting to hold him of course! The food was great and we had a lovely time, so here's three cheers for little Vili and his big brother Jere... see that shirt he's wearing? :)



3 kommenttia:

  1. Thank you for sharing this wonderful card with us at the Stampinback Card Challenge!!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Kristiina, fabulous as always, I do love that sentiment! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    VastaaPoista
  3. A lovely tag for a very handsome little chap.

    VastaaPoista