maanantai 27. heinäkuuta 2015

A beach hut

When the Craft Barn July calendar prompts (turqoise and beach huts) were published I had to do a Google search on beach huts :) I realized that the reason Finland doesn't have that kind of a tradition is, that most families have solitary beach huts somewhere = I'd hate to be cramped in a row on a crowdy beach... We don't have a hut of our own, but we have three that run in the family and are at our disposal. My favourite one is the simplest one: a room and sauna, no electricity or running water, but just two metres from the shore of a clean clear lake (no tides here). I've been using old bookpaper (from around 1860) on all the pages of this calendar, and so I'm also posting for the SimonSaysStamp Monday challenge (no ordinary paper)



I started with Turqoise Brusho (can't really see the difference to light blue?), added green Dylusions sprays through TCW Sea bubbles stencil and birch trees with Grunge paste.



If it wasn't for the CB challenge, I would have left this like this. I love the light etheric feeling, like midsummer night... (even though that was in June)... But this is a challenge, I had to add the old bookpaper I've used on all the other pages of this calendar and the beach hut. I made the book paper the ground and used Heavy Gloss Gel and a drop of Salty Ocean reinker to make the water -it really looks so wet, it begs to be touched!



The previous pages for this calendar can be found here:
January
February
March

April
May

June

6 kommenttia:

  1. Niin hieno kalenterin kuva. Aivan upeasti tulee tuo mökkitunnelma esiin.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Your creation is so beautiful. Love the pretty colors. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    VastaaPoista
  3. This is gorgeous. It has such a tranquil atmosphere. your real 'beach hut' looks awesome too!

    VastaaPoista
  4. I could spend the whole of summer in your fabulous setting, it looks so peaceful and relaxing.

    VastaaPoista
  5. Wow this is a fantastic calendar page. I love how you have combined the different media x

    VastaaPoista
  6. All your calendar pages are fantastic! Feeling so inspired!

    VastaaPoista