perjantai 3. heinäkuuta 2015

Secret destinations

Welcome to my first ever GDT -post! The Country view July challenge prompt is "On your travels" and I wanted to use this lovely travel-themed sentiment from the philosopher Martin Buber:

"All journeys have secret destinations, of which the traveler is unaware"


I pondered many possibilities for using the sentiment, from art journal pages to ATC-cards... and ended up making a card. I have several Gorjuss stamp sets, and this is one of my favourites. 


The background is an upcycled designer paper, a gloomy grey leftover from a 6x6 pad: I've glued torn strips of paper for texture, added a layer of gesso and sprayed with Dylusions Bubblegum pink and London blue. I did several at the same time, and I guess this one was actually dipped into the ink puddles left from spraying the others. I wrote the sentiment by hand and stamped the star flowers from the same stamp set as the main image. I coloured the flowers with a silver Sharpie.


I stamped the main image with Versafine Onyx Black on some rather thin paper that can tolerate a bit of water (Lidl "artist's pad"). After colouring with Distress markers and a waterbrush I fussy cut the image The reason I like the thinner paper is that the details are easier to cut out. I start intricate fussy cutting from all the "holes" that have to be cut with a knife. Here such places are between the front legs of the horse and the braids of the girl. After this I continued with scissors. A coloured image usually has the edges curving upward, so after cutting I always turn it upside down and burnish from the backside. Here I'm adding a low foam tape, and you can see what an effect the burnishing has: the edges will curve slightly down after adhering.


After adhering my image I realized I wanted some sparkle and added Wink of Stella to the mane and tail of the horse and the flowers. I love the dreamy kind of mysterious look this card has! There's plenty of time to join in this challenge, check out the Country View Challenge blog for more inspiration and the challenge links. Who knows where your creative journey will take you :)

1 kommentti:

  1. This is truly gorgeous, Kristiina! You have gone to a lot of trouble with the fussy cutting and the foam tape but so worth while! I adore the background too. It's a beautiful project.

    Thank you for your return visit - yes, the chemo is not easy, but I am feeling a bit better today and hoping to have the next fortnight to be able to do some creative things before the next round of treatment. Your reference to a screwdriver had me mystified for a moment, but I think you must mean my hot glue gun! It's a bit of a monster but it's very good! It's made by Bosch.

    Shoshi

    VastaaPoista