torstai 30. heinäkuuta 2015

Friends

The Craft Barn weekly challenge is CAS, and so I've been trying to do CAS on my projects for a change. Actually it has been lots of fun :) The Stampotique Designers challenge asks for Under the Sea projects, and since I have no Stampotique sea-stamps, I'm glad to use my Designs by Ryn Seahorses. Thus also posting for the Designs By Ryn customer creation challenge :)


The "Friends" diecut is from a Kaisercraft pouch that has been unused, because I don't really like these. I started by cutting out some more detail, the e and s had no holes in them, and I thought they wouldn't be recognizable after painting over. I covered the piece with gesso and white acrylic paint and eyeballed my seahorses in place.



After painting the text with FF Smurf, FF Southern skies and Golden Payne's Grey I set to work colouring the seahorses so they would match.  I just spent a day embellishing envelopes for a bunch of cards done this summer, so I'm trying now to do it straight away. I stamped the tiny seahorse on the envelope three times. I used Derwent Coloursoft pencils in several blue shades, burnishing with white to blend the blues and adding new layers until I was satisfied. The painted text was mounted on foam squares and placed on top of the seahorses.



5 kommenttia:

  1. Hey Kristiina, great to see more of your art :) I like the colouring and placement in this one!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Beautiful. Love how you have used the word 'friends' and made it your own! Fabulous colouring ♥ Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designers challenge. Gez

    VastaaPoista
  3. Love the seahorses and beautifully coloured! Thank you foe joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    VastaaPoista
  4. The sea horses made me smile. Another lovely CAS card.

    VastaaPoista
  5. Unusual design! Love seahorses! In answer to your comment on my post- Try drawing humans by tracing them first. Painless. The muscles of our hands have memory and if we trace enough, eventually we'll be able to draw them on our own. It's just practice. I usually take 2 years to practice whatever i want to learn. Have fun!

    VastaaPoista