I had made several nice backgrounds with glued paperstrips, gesso, yellow acrylic pait, clear gesso and blue ink spray... I thought the clear gesso would help the Dylusions spray to attach on the acrylic paint, and it did, but everything doesn't always go as planned! When I saw these hibiscus stamps and their coordinating stencil I new I wanted to use them with the eastern themed Lynn Perella stamps. The flowers have been made with shrink plastic, coloured with copic markers and gel pens and covered with Glossy Accents. Here's the story in pictures
|I stamped the other image from the PA stamp set... only to find that the ink|
spread by itself (because of the clear gesso?) and lots of detail was lost.
|I painted over the previous image with snowflake. It took some colour from the|
blue Dylusions spray. I stamped on the paint, which worked well
|I took FF Banana and painted the area around my central image.|
|I masked the central image and sprayed more blue around the card|
to get the green back again.
|I coloured the image with Distress markers. They blend nicely|
with each other on the painted surface
|But the colour of the markers faded badly every time I left the image...|
so I added more colour with colour pencils. I masked the image and used
the stencil with modeling paste. The blue ink coloured the paste.
|I added some Inka Gold on the stenciled bumps, mounted the image|
on a 7x7 card base and added the Hibiscus flowers and leaves.
|I chose the Sea Bubbles -stencil, because it kind of |
continues the foliage of the stamped image.