tiistai 14. heinäkuuta 2015

Sketchy Doodle Flowers 3

My third take on the Chocolate Baroque colour challenge (maroon, orange, green and turqoise) is a mixed media card with shrink plastic embellishments. I am also posting for the Craft Barn weekly challenge (background text), the Our Creative Corner July-August challenge (mexican moods, I've used spicy colours from the mood board) and the SimonSaysStamp Monday challenge (anything goes).

The background is a scrap 4x6 card, onto which I have glued miscellaneous paperstrips (see the embossed CB Klimt fragment back there?), covered with white gesso and sprayed with an array of inks, both sparkly and flat. The stronger red on the edges is acrylic paint. The gesso tones down the ink spray colours, especially yellow, but the inks are there, which can be seen by the way they coloured the modelling paste. The stencil is from TCW.


I coloured the shrink plastic with Promarkers before stamping with black Stazon. I have translucent shrink plastic, so I stamped the images on scrap paper first, placed the sanded plastic on top and this made it possible to colour different areas with different colours. I used maroon, red, orange, a couple of greens and a light blue. After stamping I fussy cut them and added details (dots) with gel pens. The trick is to do the fussy cutting first, because the gel pens smudge!






The shrunk pieces were covered with glossy accents and adhered to the card. I felt this was quite low on the light turqoise colour of the challenge, so I added touches of Eucalyptus and Baby Blue Sticles... not remembering those background inks! The dabs became yellow, couldn't help it... and I decided my card was done :)



5 kommenttia:

  1. Wonderfully creative Kristiina. Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge. Apologies for late commenting.
    Hugs Flo x

    VastaaPoista
  2. So pretty! Love the wonderful background! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    VastaaPoista
  3. A great way to use up scraps of background paper.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Another amazing project Kristiina, thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    VastaaPoista
  5. Beautiful and innovative - even though there were all these intricate steps that went into creating it, the end product is just lovely simple elegance - awesome design. Thank you for sharing it at in the Summer Challenge over at Our Creative Corner. - Candice (aka Tincan Crafter)

    VastaaPoista