sunnuntai 5. heinäkuuta 2015

Three dogs in a row (each with a bow!)

I am posting this doggy card for the Stampotique Designers challenge SDC 202, the Rubberdance July challenge and the Craft Barn weekly challenge (Stars or Stripes).


The Stampotique Designers challenge asks for ribbons. I agree, I have a drawer full of ribbon, and I seldom use it! SDC doesn't demand the use of Stampotique stamps, but I do like using a companies stamps for their challenge if I can. I only have three Stampotique stamps, so I chose to use the Give a Dog a Bone -stamp and use ribbon around the dog's neck. When I put together the card, I found I only have white card blanks in this size, which really shows of the fact that the striped card is off white!  Looking at the card I realized that I'd used the Rubberdance July colours (vintage white, forgetmenot blue, cinnamon brown). They don't demand the use of their stamps for challenges either, and the card was already done... but I took the Rubberdance Harlequin background and used blue Distress Inks and a spritz of water to enhance the envelope.

I coloured each dog with a different shade of brown from my Inktense pencils
Bows made with different shades of blue ribbon. They look almost
straight in this photo...
...but just wouldn't sit straight! I used washi tape to attach the bows
and mounted the dogs with low foam tape onto my card.
After fussy cutting the dogs I tried tying ribbon around the neck... not good. I decided to learn something new and googled for fork ribbons. I tried this one... not bad, even though each of them turned crooked! Besides they look quite cute that way :)  I'm going to have to keep my eyes open at flee markets to get a hold of an old fork with straighter edges, the ribbon kept trying to slip of the rounded fork when I tried to tighten the knots...


9 kommenttia:

  1. Hi Kristiina! I really like your card - the dogs are super cute with their tiny ribbons!
    Thank you for joining our July challenge! I love what you did to the envelope :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. Cute dogs. Will check out the ribbon tutorial. So difficult to tie tiny bows. Love this cute card. Hugz

    VastaaPoista
  3. SO sweet ! Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week !
    Corrie x

    VastaaPoista
  4. Love this Kristiina, such a cute card. Thank you for joining in with the ribbon challenge at Stampotique. Sue xx

    VastaaPoista
  5. Love! Love! Love! One of my favourite Stampotique stamps :)
    Thank you for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

    VastaaPoista
  6. Absolutely ADORABLE ♥♥

    Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designers challenge this week. Gez

    VastaaPoista
  7. A cute card and the dogs look dapper in their bows.

    VastaaPoista
  8. Aw so cute! I love the real ribbons. Thanks so much for joining the Rubber Dance challenge this month.

    VastaaPoista
  9. So cute! Thank you for entering the Rubber Dance Challenge. Hugs, Susanne.

    VastaaPoista