torstai 23. heinäkuuta 2015

Take time!

The Paperartsy Time challenge made me go through my stamps searching for time-related stamps. I chose three stamps, and started wondering what to do with them... Deciding to go for the layout on the Stampingback July challenge inspiration picture: the ground at the bottom, something flying in the top right corner, collage in the top left corner and the focal point coming from the left. I am also posting for the Craft Barn weekly challenge (circle and flowers).


I started by colouring a silk card with light blue Colorit powder (resembles Brusho) and stamping my main images, masking the sentiment stamp to keep it in the foreground. The flying watch is from VivaLasVegaStamps, the sentiment from Stampinback and the collage from Paperartsy.




I realized that the sentiment stamp was the least solid of the three and would probably not stand out enough even if I bleached out the blue as I had planned... So I took a piece of scrap card and stamped it again, diecutting it with a stiched circle die. I stamped some plants on the bottom of the card and mounted everything on a white card base. While adhering I concentrated so much on the sentiment text being straight that I managed to missplace my diecut a bit (it should have covered the original stamped image easily, since it is a bit larger... but there is a small line showing) As a finishing touch I took some blue inks and stamped the collage image on the envelope.

4 kommenttia:

  1. Thank you for joining us at the Stampinback Card Challenge with this beautiful Colorit card!!

    VastaaPoista
  2. This is much more your style. A lovely card

    VastaaPoista
  3. Beautiful, love the background and how you have stamped. Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    VastaaPoista