There's nothing there right now, because I had to do some work this morning. School resumes tomorrow, and I know my students want to know the results of some tests they did just before the holidays -so I spent the last day of my vacation doing work. That's probably why my calender is still open on the sofa. The white rag is used to dry stamps after washing them with soap and water, and the red-brown zipper pouch has been made at school by my daughter and stores my scissors and craft knives. After the tests were cleared away, I decided to continue work on a pair of mittens I've been knitting for ages. I'm sick and tired of that thin yarn, so it's good to be at the thumbs already. The white drawers are where I store my stash ( and a couple of drawers and shelves in the brown cupboard behind it + the corner of the sofa, some containers under the table, three shoeboxes under the sofa and plastic bags behind the bedroom door...)
Right now I am working (on thought level) on my art journal, which is on top of the white drawer. While blog hopping on lasts weeks WOYWW-posts I ran into the journal 52 and documented life 2015 -workshops, which I plan to keep an eye on for inspiration. Tomorrow at work I'm going to snoop around some dusty cupboards with outdated schoolbooks, because I think old science books might make some cool backgrounds. On a more practical level I'm working on the Crafty Individuals January challenge, which is scenic stamping. I wouldn't mind winning a stamp, but mister random usually avoids me, so I'm just counting on the discount code everyone taking part in the challenge gets. Since I have nothing on the desk, I thought to show what I cleared away before I started working.
The lower image is my plan and the upper one is as far as I got in my first try at it. I've always done layering by fussy cutting images and this is my first attempt at masking previously stamped images. It's harder than I imagined to get the second stamp aligned where it should be (that nest image isn't straight and the ground image inside the circle came so high up that the tree wouldn't fit without leaving the outer edges uninked) and I probably should have done the hills with a brush in stead of the ink blender, because now the shrubs on the left don't stand out. It is to be seen if this can be fixed, or if I just have to try anew. The watercolour stamping ( colouring the stamp with several Distress inks and spritzing water before pressing the image) looks cool anyway.
Feel free to comment, now I'm of to take a peek at other peoples desks, the blog hop is hosted here at Julia's blog. Have fun, I know I will!