sunnuntai 18. tammikuuta 2015

Open your eyes

I have had an old Finnish rock song playing at the back of my head for some time, end I decided to try and put it in my art journal. The song talks of this amusement park wheel thing at some point, so I wanted to add it to the page, even though the quote is from another part of the song. This page is practically almost ready, missing only journaling and maybe some more doodling. I am entering it for the SimonSaysStamp Monday challenge (inky backgrounds) and the Stampotique Designers challenge (Color Splash)


The words at the bottom of the page say (approximately, and without rhyme)
My life was ever so boring
I stared at that boredom with my eyes shut
I opened my eyes and saw the world
I stopped to gaze at it in awe


I've been trying to follow the DLP 2015 prompts. I still hadn't done the week two prompt on beginnings, when the week 3 prompt came and was the color wheel (that fit perfectly), and made me realize what to do about the baskets on the wheel. The page has first been covered with parts of a math book. The book pages were about transcendental lines and curves, periodical functions, problems and solutions... I would have liked even more of the text to show, but the ink covered it much more effectively than I expected.


After painting the wheel I painted the baskets with watercolours. I masked them and sprayed the background with Dylusions inks. For once I got to use all the colors I own on the same page! I did some doodling with a white sharpie pen. It worked well on the black acrylic paint and on the watercolour, but as can be seen on the right, the Dylusions ink just seeps the white, and the "take a look" is very faint... but actually quite nice as it is.


5 kommenttia:

  1. Fun bright happy colors on your inky background and the scene is perfect for such a lovely background! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    VastaaPoista
  2. This is amazing! I love bright colors and this color palette makes my heart sing! Not only are the colors fantastic, but the ferris wheel is genius! I love all the detail you put into the baskets. The background buildings really gave me the sense that I could soar if I took a ride on this! I fe3el very inspired by your work and am so glad you shared your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    VastaaPoista
  3. This is so bright and colourful! Fab! Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week at Stampotique.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Beautiful bright pages Kristiina, and I love how you've used the book pages. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Stampotique. Sue xx

    VastaaPoista
  5. What a great & funny idea!
    Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

    xx Arwen

    VastaaPoista