lauantai 12. maaliskuuta 2016

Mail Art

I knitted a pair of wool socks for a dutch boy. I had talked about this with his mom, and she wanted them sent to him (always fun for kids to get some mail for themselves!) I didn't want to write him a letter, so I decided to concentrate on the envelope. What to send a twelve year old that likes to wear a suit and hat to school everyday? I decided to go classically male... I looked through my VLVS stamps, and found a whole pile of suitable ones :) I'm really happy with how this turned out, so I am posting for the VivaLasVegaStamps March challenge (with male imagery, nature, clouds, sky-stuff, green, brown, trees and fluffy wilderness) and the Craft Stamper take-it-make-it challenge (anything with stamping goes).


It was really awesome working on such a large surface! I haven't had time to play in my art journal this year, and really should... I started by brayering Fresco Finish acrylic paints over the envelope (an old used one that happened to be lying around) and stamped it all over with Archival inks in black and grey. All the stamps are from VLVS. The upper pic is the front of the envelope, I wrote the address on the right. The lower pic is the back of the envelope. I had already written my address when I realized I had to take pictures, so I covered it with a piece of paper. I closed the envelope with some broad map-themed washi tape. I hope this arrives some time next week :)



9 kommenttia:

  1. This is so great, love the colour scheme and the stamps you used. I bet the 12-year old will LOVE it, I know mine would :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. Fabulous design so well made !!

    VastaaPoista
  3. I don't know where to start cuz love everything about this! Your background and stamped images play perfectly off each other. You captured the challenge beautifully, in my opinion. 😍

    VastaaPoista
  4. Wow, fantastic ! Thanks for joining us over at VLVS!
    Corrie x

    VastaaPoista
  5. Great Mail art! I love me some decorated envelopes!!! Thank you for playing along with us at VLVS!

    VastaaPoista
  6. Fabulous pair!!Thanks joining us over at the VLVStamps challenge xx

    VastaaPoista
  7. Fabulous pair!!Thanks joining us over at the VLVStamps challenge xx

    VastaaPoista