sunnuntai 6. maaliskuuta 2016

Image transfers

I have been following the Paperartsy challenge (image transfers) posts for the past fortnight... I haven't had much time for crafting, and I don't have much of a printer either, so I already thought I wouldn't get around to anything. And then Keren Baker posted Super easy transfers, and I realized mirror stamping was just what I needed to do for the VivaLasVegaStamps challenge. So here is my card:


I used the fishing theme, water, sky and colours green and blue from the VLVS mood board and started by stamping the mirror image via an acrylic block using Versafine Onyx Black. My ink pad is new and very inky and I used a soft mouse pad under the paper but the mirror image is still quite blank. Perhaps it would have been worth while to have the acrylic block underneath and paper on top so I could have burnished the paper. Nevertheless, the vague image works well as a reflection.



I masked the boy and used the grass border for some ground and the scratchy stamp for water and sky. A black marker was used to continue the waterline, otherwise Distress inks Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn. The result is as clean and simple as I can do without working straight on the card base... These colours are outside my comfort zone, but work well. And for once I got my VLVS monthly challenge entry done in the beginning of the month :)




8 kommenttia:

  1. Love the reflection in the water ! Great interpretation of the challenge !
    Corrie x

    VastaaPoista
  2. I love how you have done the reflections in the water, and left so much white space. Makes it really special x

    VastaaPoista
  3. love this piece for the challenge! great effect!! thank you for playing along with us at VLVS!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Fantastic effect!!Thanks joining us over at the VLVStamps challenge xx

    VastaaPoista
  5. Fantastic effect!!Thanks joining us over at the VLVStamps challenge xx

    VastaaPoista