lauantai 12. maaliskuuta 2016

Bingo!

I've been playing with aluminium tape and embossing. The TH embossing folder gave really deep texture and I was super glad to find this text that suits the background. I'm posting my card for the Country View challenge (industrial), the Something to Alter challenge (Steampunk), SanDee and Amelie's Steampunk challenge and the WOW challenge (anything with embossing goes).


The aluminium tape was attached to a card and after embossing I added acrylic paints (raw umber and bone black) and light green alcohol ink. While doing the piece with the sentiment, I realized I'm going to have to by platinum embossing powder, the silver is too blue for the aluminium tape... But I have tinted it too with green alcohol ink (though I had to keep to the edges, because I had already stamped the sentiment with Stazon).  I couldn't trim the embossed card, because that would have spoiled the numbers, so I had to search my stash for a larger piece that would make it possible to mount this on a 5x7 card base. There is a skeleton leaf behind the sentiment, but it is barely visible :)






6 kommenttia:

  1. great card Kristiina, love the way you altered the aluminium tape.
    Thanks for joining us over on the WOW embossing challenge

    VastaaPoista
  2. Wonderful background, love that embossing. Thanks for playing at Things to Alter!~kim

    VastaaPoista
  3. A great industrial card! You created a fabulous background with the aluminum tape and embossing folder! Thanks for joining the “Make your own background" challenge at Country View Challenge blog this month!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Isn't aluminum tape fun to explore new techniques with? Awesome sauce design and yes, I can see the leaf! Hehe! The subtle green AI you used is the perfect touch to this design. Fantabulous!

    Thanks for joining us at SanDee&Amelie's Steampunk Challenge! Hugz. ~Niki DT

    VastaaPoista
  5. This is wonderful Kristiina, the embossing folder makes a fab background. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and enjoy your weekend. Sue xx

    VastaaPoista
  6. Another great card! wow! Love the metal look!
    Thank you for playing along with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia x

    VastaaPoista