sunnuntai 11. lokakuuta 2015

Wearable art

The Paperartsy challenge this past fortnight has been wearable art. Since a handbag would have been ok, I decided that the cover of my mobile phone would do too (I mean, the phone wears it, right?). The WOW embossing powder challenge is asking for something that is not a card... and to qualify for the WOW challenge I had to incorporate some heat embossing, which turned out better than I expected :). Since stars emitt light, I'm also posting for the Craft Barn weekly challenge (light).


The cover is looking great. I recently inherited my daughters phone, and the cover was quite drab. I started my project two weeks ago by painted it with FF acrylic paints... I've been in a hurry all this time, so the phone has been in use and I soon found out that though FF paints nicely attach to almost anything, faux leather is not the easiest surface. Especially the soft parts with creases keep peeling away. I might ended up adding a strip of silk to the spine with Satin Glaze.







After the paint was what I wanted (Smurf, Banana, Caribbean sea) I stamped the stars from EDY08 and the sentiment from Rubber Dance Art Stamps with Versamark and heat embossed with white. I was nervous the leather would bubble or something, but this went fine. The cover was then finished with a few layers of Golden Satin Glaze. Hope this lasts, it is beautiful :)



6 kommenttia:

  1. Very pretty. Love that gorgeous colour. Hugz

    VastaaPoista
  2. This is gorgeous, such an improvement and you can flash it about,

    Lucy x

    VastaaPoista
  3. An excellent project. The upcycled phone case looks so much better now and so unique.
    Julia

    VastaaPoista
  4. Wow, love this!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    VastaaPoista