And here is the whole spread. I'm ready to say that I do like the childish dreaminess of my first portrait more than the cold blue hues... And it looks to me I had more courage with light experiments when I did the first one. But in a way they could be the same person woth a few years in between! The blue lady looks very determined, and I decided to pick out some single words from a couple of sentiments to build my own : make things possible. I like it, but had trouble placing it on the image (should have skipped background stamping in a suitable area, but didn't think that far!)
I started with a sketch done about a week ago when I dared myself to try (after watching the Dina Wakley video linked to the challenge post). The left side of this spread was painted then, this side has been waiting for me to have time. The left side is like an autumn day, and I thought I could try making this an autumn night. I used Paynes Grey (more like a dark blue), FF Buff and Raw Sienna for the face. Probably some Raw Umber too. Here are the phases:
|Strong shadows, as Dina recommends|
|Added buff and more Paynes Grey. I really like this one|
|Added Raw Sienna for warmth|
|Stamped with stamps from Designs by Ryn and a Les Oiseux text|
from De Stempelwinkel. Coloured with green acrylics.
|I coloured the white parts with watercolours and the moths|
with colour pencils. Finished of the eyes with a bit more detail
and added small white dots to the water droplets.
I added Interference Gold (from Golden) to the face and moths, after which it became rather difficult to take photos under the electric light on my workdesk. The colours in the daylight photo underneath are quite different (and I did add a touch of paint around the chin and brows when I got up in the morning and took a second look. Don't know if they made her any better, I'm calling her done :)