I started this card by checking through a drawer with diecuts. I bought this pack because of the lovely name "Magnolia Grove" at a time when I thought I wanted to do smashbooking. To my dissapointment the pack has no magnolias, just roses or peonies, the colours are drab and the diecuts are clumsily cut and too large - they are obviously planned for 12x12 layouts.
I took the Love text, finding it would fit on a 5x7 card base. I painted over the diecut with white gesso, FF Banana and Golden Quinadicrone red, trying to spread the paint in nice thick layers so the brush strokes are visible. While I was at it I also splattered some diluted paint on the card base.
The splatters were so small, they felt inadequate, and I stamped with a splattery coffee ring stamp using the same paints. Acrylics dry so fast I was worried about my stamp, but luckily a "brush and stencil cleaning solution" proved to work on rubber too. The orange on the text has been scribbled with colour pencils, I was surprised how well it applied to the acrylics!