I have been watching some flower tutorials lately, and realized I should maybe buy some dies and try building lovely roses and fuchsia and the like... The flowers on my card are about as simple as can go, the good thing about these is they are so flat that they are easy to attach, the card fits nicely in an envelope and actually the beads keep it from flattening completely inside the envelope. I used a punch from my children's stash, adding colour with Distress inks and cutting into the top layer flowers with a craft knife, so the petals can be lifted. I used Glossy Accents to glue the flower together and adhere the beads.
I made a few bubble backgrounds using this tutorial and Distress reinkers in Mowed Lawn and Squeezed Lemonade. My main image is from Rubber Dance Art Stamps. I coloured it with Distress markers and gave it a spritz of water before stamping. Actually the spritz was a bit too big, his green bowtie just disappeared, and her dress seaped into his suit... But it is quite enchanting like this.
I like to do a bit of mail art for my cards. I used my RD Harlequin stamp, inking it with an ink blender to get a very subtle look. The sentiment was inked up with the same ink (DI Mowed Lawn), spritzed with water and stamped on top of the harlequin pattern.