maanantai 10. elokuuta 2015

Love always!

This has been one busy week, but I got a small card made with the Rubber Dance August challenge colours (green, yellow, fuchsia). Part of what has made this week so busy is, that I have had the honour of being chosen as part of the Rubber Dance Scandinavian DT (which means I will be posting in swedish on the RD Scandinavian blog)! I am linking my card as an inspirational piece to the challenge... Happy crafting!

I have been watching some flower tutorials lately, and realized I should maybe buy some dies and try building lovely roses and fuchsia and the like... The flowers on my card are about as simple as can go, the good thing about these is they are so flat that they are easy to attach, the card fits nicely in an envelope and actually the beads keep it from flattening completely inside the envelope. I used a punch from my children's stash, adding colour with Distress inks and cutting into the top layer flowers with a craft knife, so the petals can be lifted. I used Glossy Accents to glue the flower together and adhere the beads.




I made a few bubble backgrounds using this tutorial and Distress reinkers in Mowed Lawn and Squeezed Lemonade. My main image is from Rubber Dance Art Stamps. I coloured it with Distress markers and gave it a spritz of water before stamping. Actually the spritz was a bit too big, his green bowtie just disappeared, and her dress seaped into his suit... But it is quite enchanting like this.


I like to do a bit of mail art for my cards. I used my RD Harlequin stamp, inking it with an ink blender to get a very subtle look. The sentiment was inked up with the same ink (DI Mowed Lawn), spritzed with water and stamped on top of the harlequin pattern.




6 kommenttia:

  1. Hi Kristiina! I'm really happy to have you on my Scandinavian Dersign Team and I look forward to your first blog post there later this month. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the beautiful work you post here and the card you made for our challenge this time is really gorgeous! I love the flowers you made - nice detail. Thanks for linking to my bubble tutorial - such a fun background technique!
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge and for using some of my stamps. I love the subtle look you've achieved.
    ♥♥♥

    VastaaPoista
  2. Hi Kristiina! Welcome to the Design Team! I love how you used the stamp with the different colours. Looks very vintage, like a photograph!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Gorgeous! Love the soft colours and the stamping effect.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Such a lovely card and great use of our colours this month! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Rubber Dance Stamps ♥

    VastaaPoista
  5. Lovely card, beautiful vintage image and flowers!!

    VastaaPoista
  6. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining our challenge over at Rubber Dance! Hugs, Susanne.

    VastaaPoista