tiistai 18. elokuuta 2015

Adventures in grey

The VivaLasVegastamps August challenge has a beautiful Black-Grey-White moodboard. This card has been bubbling inside me since I saw it, and now I got it done. I am also posting for the Paperartsy "gels and mediums" challenge.


I watched Leandra's glaze- and medium videos last night and realized I could at last try my Fresco Matte Glaze... So after gluing newspaper on a piece of cardstock, I used the glaze to thin out my white paint so it wouldn't cover the text completely. After stamping all the images, I added a layer of clear gesso. This made it possible to continue with black watercolour and a black Inktense pencil which I used to paint the background scene and darken the frame areas.


I've been enjoying Tera's Mail Art Monday posts (I cut that little writing circle after watching the latest one :) and made a matching envelope for the card. I usually try to do these straight away while the stamps are still out... that way it doesn't take more than a couple of minutes, at least if it's kept as simple as this.

3 kommenttia:

  1. I love what you did with the challenge!! Fantastic stamping!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Fantastic card ! Thanks for joining us at VLVS!
    Corrie x

    VastaaPoista
  3. Gorgeous Kristiina!!! Your card is wow! Thank you for joining us over at VLVS. Hugs, Susanne.

    VastaaPoista