tiistai 30. kesäkuuta 2015

Improbable and beautiful

When the Stampotique Designers challenge changed to "Give wings", I knew I wanted to dress this little skull figure :) After an inventory in my stamps I decided to use wings from the Stampinback Idiot flowers kit and Jofy flowers from Paperartsy, dressing them all up with some gelli prints. Besides the Stampotique challenge, I'm posting for the Stampinback challenge (flying things) and the Paperartsy challenge (stencils, in the gelliprints).


Here are some pictures of the process... I've been doing a lot of cards with this kind of backgrounds lately, but I'm not getting bored yet!

Some traces of this project to be seen
in the scraps under white gesso
Green spray from Lindy's Stamp Gang and
homemade paint spray with FF Carribean Sea.
Stamping on gelli prints and other scraps...
Some more stamping, actually I'm sorry I didn't know where to
stop, I think I would have preferred this without these plants.
The background with everything glued in place.
The finished card.
I was planning to give the image a light grey skull with the yellow peeking from the eyes... but it looked so dead, I decided to use he cutout eyes on the yellow background. After finding this sentiment in one of my Eclectica-stamp sets, I decided the grey skull was as if something dead left behind... I stuck it on, and decided not to mount this on a card base, because it might work nicely in my art journal too.




1 kommentti: