I started with my go-to background technique: upcycling unliked designer paper from a 6x6 pad (you know the stuff that your left with, when the pad runs out?) I like to glue torn paper scraps on such pieces and add gesso, acrylic paints and sprays etc. If I have trouble getting my mojo going, I do a bunch of these, and usually after spraying a couple I have ideas bursting! This has white gesso, yellow acrylic paint, clear gesso and Dylusions sprays. I wanted to create a seascape and stamped bubbles, plants and fish from Ryn and framed with my trusty harlequin stamp from Rubberdance.
|The really wrinkly part at the bottom is where I glued a piece of vellum,|
it reacted with the glue and the paints...
|Stamping on a textured surface sometimes blurs the details.|
I used a black pen to fill in the spots on the fish.
I bleached out the sprays from the bubbles (= they are yellow because of the yellow acrylic paint) and encountered a problem: I wanted to use this sentiment, but it was too long. Luckily I had been following the PA Hidden objects posts, and in the night it came to me: I could make a tag. I remember smiling at a comment from this post " no-one can resist pulling a tab" - agree on that, even though this ended up a tag, not a tab :)
I made my tag with Distress inks, an ink blender and the same stamps used for the original seascape. It looked too soft and tame to go with the card, so I added Dylusions sprays once again... Except for the back of the tag that was so pretty and the sprays would have destroyed my water bleaching!