lauantai 5. syyskuuta 2015

The little bunny

The Craft Barn weekly challenge is asking for animals. I was thinking I don't have time for it, but all of a sudden I realized I had the pieces lying on my desk (that was desperately in need of a cleanup!) a green background and a Gorjuss image with a green dress.


I made this background ages ago, with Christmas cards in mind, it is Distress inks and sprays + some seasalt. The dress of the girl just happens to fit :) she is my first try at colouring with alcohol markers. I have a couple of sets of Promarkers, and found that I don't have enough shades for skin. Could use some more browns and greys too... and I wouldn't have had a choice for the green on the dress either! No wonder active colourers seem to have shelves full of pens. I added some lace to give texture, and mounted the girl on foam adhesive (actually keeping her at hand and sticking the foam pads in the holes of the lace)



I used a large oval frame from another Gorjuss set to do my mail art. I couldn't remember where my large acrylic block is, but noticed Cuttlebug plates hanging around on the edge of my messy desk... excellent and worth recommending, if you don't have a large block, or happen to be lazy the moment you need one! After piling my mess dangerously on one side of the desk, I used the side of my hand to wipe away the worst dust and dirt so I could take these pictures... and then I actually cleaned up :)

2 kommenttia:

  1. Beautiful Kristiina, love that image! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    VastaaPoista
  2. A great background for your sweet image.

    VastaaPoista