tiistai 1. syyskuuta 2015

First Christmas card for the season!

As a member of the Rubber Dance Scandinavian DT I'm posting an inspiration piece for the RD September challenge, where you can choose from 12 different colour combinations. I chose to work with the colours from last January: silver and blue shades... and the Rock Carvings stamps.


I die cut a bunch of stitched circles, added blue Distress Inks with an ink blender, spritzed with water and used a paper towel to carefully press of the water. This creates a snowfall effect.



The second picture shows the stamped pieces and the stamps used. I used the viking text also on the envelope. The reindeer has been heat embossed with silver, everything else stamped with Distress inks in Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans. I find it intriguing that these ancient images can result in a very contemporary CAS look! Did you notice the little guy with ski pods? So cute :)


3 kommenttia:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Kristiina! How very cool to use the Rock Carving stamps for a Christmas card! I made those stamps 15 years ago...and still didn't think of that! I'm slow, I'll give you that ;) Thank you for the inspiration and great idea!
    ♥♥♥

    VastaaPoista
  2. Love this. Love the blue, the CAS, the rune stamps. Such a gorgeous card. Hugz

    VastaaPoista
  3. Wow! Your card is super!!! Hugs, Susanne.

    VastaaPoista