I started with an inky underpaper, these are spritzes and splatters of Brushos. There is a 1cm x 1cm grid on the paper, and I planned to maybe do 2x2 or 3x3 squares... but my card base needed a 11cm x 16 cm panel, and that just wouldn't turn into larger than 1x1 squares! I tried to be picky and choose my favourite little squares and started cutting them out. I cut a suitable panel from a neat piece of the same grid paper and glued the little squares on. To made it more like patchwork than mosaic I sewed over all the "seams" cutting the threads every time, because I wanted them to show. Once the panel was done I adhered it with double sided tape and sewed around the edges. I can almost not believe I managed a card without stamping, but somehow the diecut seemed better than a sentiment strip.