perjantai 30. lokakuuta 2015

Life is what happens

The Lavinia October challenge is asking for glitter and gems. I decided to do a spread in my art journal. Besides the Lavinia challenge, I'm posting for the Designs by Ryn customer creations challenge (I've used my favourite stencils: maidenhair and anemone), the WOW challenge (embossing on anything but a card) and the Stamplorations mixed media challenge.


Lots of pictures here, I'm prepared to show everything this page holds :) It doesn't cease to surprise me how badly gesso mutes the brusho and spray colours. They look vibrant, while wet, and become pastels, when dry! The texture paste ended up being the part that seeped most colour.

I tore some scrap paper and glued it on my spread. Old book paper, some bills and a math test...
Added gesso and crackle paste, gel medium and texture paste
Brushos and Dylusions sprays. Especially since the Brusho doesn't have a proper pink.
Sentiment and flowers stamped with a pinkish ink (Encore metallic)
More texture paste and a glittery embossing powder that ended up fastening on everything,
especially the gloss gel flowers. (It was meant to fasten on the wet texture paste)
Some more stamping, the lily stamp heat embossed with white,
sprinkles of chunky white embossing enamel. And diamond Stickles.
I love the words and wonky font on the Angelic words- stamp. I wrote my sentiment by colouring in letters on the stamp with a Distress marker, using a baby wipe to clean the stamp inbetween every letter. Because the font is so fun, it's no problem lining up the letters, and those words on the stamp are matters of life that are easily forgotten (while being busy with the other plans), so they made a perfect match for the sentiment... the only thing I'd change in this would be to write the quote with something else than Black Soot! I wrote it before doing the page and it ended up being the only black thing on the whole spread.



Lots of photo's here, because this should be touched, not just looked at! Thanks for stopping by, looking forward to a crafty November!






















4 kommenttia:

  1. Very pretty ..... Gorgeous colours and a really pretty creation ..... Good Luck in the Lavinia Challenge and thank you for entering ..... Marianne DT xxx

    VastaaPoista
  2. Such beautiful background with amazing texture and I truly love the subtle colors and sentiment. Thank you for sharing how it was done. Very inspiring! Thank you for playing along at STAMPlorations October Mixed Media Challenge. Come and join us again. Happy creating!
    Hugs&Smiles,
    Asmah
    STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    VastaaPoista
  3. Love how you include detail pics! You've got so much great texture in there that would be harder to see at a distance. Gorgeous pages! Thanks for showing me :)

    VastaaPoista
  4. Kristiina! This is awesome. I love the colors and texture. Thank you for playing along with us over at STAMPlorations! Hugs, Susanne.

    VastaaPoista