The 7th Chocolate Baroque colour challenge asks for brown, rust, green and yellow. I love the colours (these are the kind I might wear!) but seldom craft with them, so getting started felt a bit difficult. I have some old book pages I've been experimenting with, and felt they would look good with these colours. To make sure the image would "pop out" despite the strong font I did some 3d decoupage. I am also entering this card for the SimonSaysStamp Wednesday challenge (Anything goes)
I made the background by spraying Walnut Stain Distress ink through a TH woodgrain stencil. Actually I made two backgrounds at once, and this one is probably the "print" made with the stencil after spraying on the other one. The Walnut stain was so dark, that once it was dry I painted over it with a twinkly copper watercolour paint. I stamped the CB pelargonia twice on old book paper and coloured the images with Derwent Inktense pencils. I didn't use water with them, because I have already learned that moisture makes this paper stink, and I don't want any more stinky cards! I tore the edges of one image and glued it on the background. Pieces of the other image were fussy cut and attached with small squares of foam adhesive.