Like many other crafters I am still under the effect of my crafty New Years resolutions... Which means for example getting rid of old bits and pieces. I have had this inky background for some time. It is the result of experiments using clear embossing powder for a resist effect. The pattern has been dabbed onto water colour paper with an embossing dabber through a Tim Holtz stencil. After heat setting the embossing powder I added Distress inks straight from the ink pads and sprayed with a pearl spray. When everything was dry, I used an iron and copypaper to remove the embossing.
I sewed the text on with my sewing machine. A darker yarn might have been better, but this is what I started with, and so it had to stay. The little foxes are from a Gorjuss stamp set.