sunnuntai 25. tammikuuta 2015

A winter flower

I'm entering this little card for the SimonSaysStamp Monday challenge (winter stamping). The stems of flowers that stick out from the snow are important sources of little seeds to eat for many animals. I remember being amused when I learned in school, that they have an official name in Finnish "talventörröttäjä" one word that means approximately "something that sticks out in the winter". This happens to be the very first stamp I ever bought, and I remember thinking it can be used for all seasons.


I made this background while experimenting with my distress inks ( it's only some water spritzed over them) and felt it looked like snowfall. The stem was already stamped when I realized that grey ink would have been sufficient... Couldn't do anything about that, so I added the sentiment in black and some Black Soot DI on the edges to keep the image in balance.

1 kommentti:

  1. Your background looks fabulous and I love how the Distress Inks have reacted with the water to give that snowy background! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

    VastaaPoista