The post delivered a package from VivaLasVegaStamps! and I decided to set them to use straight away, since I had this gorgeous background hanging around after cleaning up some distress inks: spots of pink and green inks, mainly on the sides of an ivory silk card. I used the VLVS ledger and "be adorable" text stamps to add some interest to the base. I wanted them to stay subtle background images, so I spread my Distress Inks (Faded Jeans and Black Soot) on the stamps with an ink blender in stead of straight from the ink pad.
I am posting this card for the Stampotique Designers Challenge (New years' resolutions) and the SimonSaysStamp challenges Monday (Inky backgrounds) and Wednesday (Something new)
The focal point is supposed to be the text "Just be you" = the New Years' resolution, that I machine embroidered on the card. I wrote the text with a pencil on a piece of vellum, and ended up winding my sewing machine forward by hand :) I wasn't sure if it would stand out on top of the background texts, so I placed it quite low. Afterwards I realized that the vellum didn't rip of as I had imagined and formed a nice add to the text... I just should have placed the text higher and more angled across the card (imagine a "canceled" stamp) and the card would have been finished. Now there was so much space that I had to add something, and decided on this sweet Gorjuss girl. A quirky Stampotique image might have been useful to own :)