perjantai 29. tammikuuta 2016

at first sight.

The Paperartsy challenge for hearts has had lots of inspiring posts that I'd love to try... like stamping on fabric or clay... but I just don't have the time right now. Looking at this recent post with a valentines card in browns and blues I realized I had the ingredients lying on my table: a chippie heart with copper embossing powder and a brown/teal masterboard from last year. Besides Paperartsy, I'm also posting for the SanDee & amelie's Steampunk challenge.



The chipboard heart is from Eye ConnectCrafts. It has been heat embossed several times. The first layer was gold, next a couple of layers of WOW Copper Pearl into which I stamped while soft with the Swirly background from Rubber Dance stamps. I wanted some patina colour so I added Verdigris embossing powder and heated once more. The texture flattened out but the swirls are lovely. The halves were attached using oval jump rings that were squished at random. I was looking at the larger sentiments on ESN12, and suddenly this tiny one caught my eye! A perfect match for the valentines theme :)




3 kommenttia:

  1. Beautiful card, your border is perfect ! thank you for your participation at Sandee & Amelie steampunk challenges.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Great job with the heat embossing on the heart! It looks amazing! Thank you for sharing your wonderful steampunk project with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia x

    VastaaPoista