sunnuntai 29. marraskuuta 2015

Stormy skies

The Craft Barn calendar challenge prompts for November are "Grey" and "Owls". Not the easiest combination, I find grey a difficult colour... and on this months calendar pages I've combined it with brighter colours. This time with pink. Also posting for the SimonSaysStamp Wednesday challenge (Anything goes) and the Designs By Ryn customer creation challenge. Love those flowing branches, they became trees.


I used Brshos for the background. I picked out Grey for the challenge and Dark Brown, because I thought it would combine nicely with the old book paper that I have used on each page of this mixed media calendar. The grey brusho turned out violet, the brown gave that pinkish-orange hue to the lower part of the page... Still something to learn about these! I continued with black, that gave those greyish cloud formations. The pink was nice, so I decided to enjoy it and forget the brown :)

I think this really looks light light shining behind dark clouds :)
Black texture paste through the branch stencil, Lavinia owl embossed in black.
This isn't meant to be spooky, I stamped flowers at the bottom.

I realize I'm not especially good at stenciling. Should perhaps get a hold of the stencil glue stuff, I always manage to spill stuff underneath the stencil. I fixed my spills with some opaque acrylic paints. Worked surprisingly well, in real life the "fixed" spots don't really show, somehow the camera seems to catch them with a blue hue. 

So glad this is almost done, only December left! The previous pages of this mixed media calendar can be found here:

September
October





7 kommenttia:

  1. What a beautiful sky you created! Another fab calendar page :D :D

    VastaaPoista
  2. Love the background and your book page moon. Hugz

    VastaaPoista
  3. hello! wow, this is fabulous....luv the background! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    VastaaPoista
  4. the pink and grey work very well together. Vicky

    VastaaPoista
  5. Your background is amazing and I love your moon! Beautiful page Kristiina. Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge.
    Jane x

    VastaaPoista
  6. The background really does look like sunlight peaking through the rain clouds. Very atmospheric! Love that you used the branches as trees in this! Also like your use of print as texture in the moon and stars... Also... I just drew the winner of my challenge and it's you!!! Big congratulations :D Please contact me at designsbyryn@gmail.com to collect your prize.

    VastaaPoista
  7. Love the colour combination. Another great page for your calendar.

    VastaaPoista