lauantai 2. toukokuuta 2015

Not quite Strömsö

You know those homey crafty TV- programs, where everything gets done with a smile? Strömsö is that kind of program and this was not one of those projects, even though I do like the way it turned out. I am posting my tag for the Chocolate Baroque colour challenge and the SimonSaysStamp challenges Monday and Wednesday (Anything goes on both of them)


This tag was not the background I planned for these punky flowers I made of shrink plastic... The flowers were beautiful enough, but it just wouldn't work. I was packing my stuff away when I ran into this tag that had been watercolour stamped with a piece from texture fragments ages ago. The flowers fit nicely, so to emphasize the CB colour challenge, I used an ink blender to colour some orange on the background... and all of a sudden the flowers seemed out of place again! I guess the translucent shrink plastic just can't take too colourful a background. I tried blotting the orange out, but that didn't help so I added some crackle paste through a TCW stencil... and that built a place for the flowers to sit. Pink silk torn from a scarf, and I decided I was done with this one. I still have the background I originally planned and a bunch of flowers... I'll have to get back to them before this challenge is over!

4 kommenttia:

  1. Your tag is gorgeous! Love the beautiful background and the flowers. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. This is a very pretty tag! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Hi Kristiina, your tag is really pretty, and I love the colour blend that you have achieved on your background. The finished effect looks great, but unfortunately we are our own worst ctitics, and often see the journey that we took to make something, rather than just the end result. Thanks for your entry to the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

    VastaaPoista
  4. Fabulous tag, great interpretation of the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge
    Claire xx

    VastaaPoista